Quasi Dictum

A place for educational perspectives and opinions. Legalese: The statments at this site are of the writers only. Quasi Dictum has no control over the information you access via links, does not endorse that information and cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information provided.

Name:
Location: Vancouver, WA, United States

Teacher

Thursday, June 19, 2003

Before you read this here is the caveat: I know it is a long article, but you have all summer. We've talked about "peer" review, read this and let me know what you think. Just a tease quote - I'm not this authoritarian figure standing up there teaching at them as much. I have to do the planning and the organizing, and I have to know what my goals and expectations are. So much of it is the kids doing it. I give the directions, step back, and become the facilitator. The kids are the ones who are actually doing the thinking, the activity, the interacting, and then I'm just bringing them back at the end to do some of the self-evaluation and self-perception. If you want a quick but concise definition of lesson study then read this. After you read, this will make more sense: Dan and I could help with SS, Travis and Eric could help me with Writing, Ben could help Eric and Travis with math, etc. (I'm focusing on teachers expertise.) Should be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home